Previous Next Index Thread

Re: NewbieNewbieNewbieNewbieNewbie

 On 29 Jun 1996 16:41:05 GMT, Lee Bailey wrote:
 >I'm not a newbie to the net, but I am new to getting unsolicited e-mail.
 >And I don't like it.
 >
 >I looked for the FAQ but for some reason was unable to connect to the
 >site from my usual web page <http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu> so I am
 >posting here.

 	Here is the most recent FAQ:
 Newsgroups:
 news.admin.net-abuse.misc,news.admin.net-abuse.announce,news.groups.questions,news.answers
 Archive-name: net-abuse-faq/part1
 Posting-Frequency: thrice monthly
                                THE NET ABUSE FAQ

     Last Updated: Wednesday, May 29, 1996 -- 00:50 EST

      NOTE: Many parts of this FAQ are still out of date. Before I
 took it
      over, it had not been updated since November of 1995. Please
 send me
      any suggestions or corrections.

 POLITICS
      1.1) What is news.admin.net-abuse.misc, and why was it created?
      1.2) What is news.admin.net-abuse.announce, and why was it
 created?
      1.3) What is net-abuse?
      1.4) What is the purpose of this FAQ?
      1.5) What questions does it leave unanswered?
      1.6) Who's responsible for this FAQ?
      1.7) Where can I get it?
      1.8) Is this the only Net Abuse FAQ?
      1.9) I don't understand a word of this.

 SPAM, SPAMMERS, and MOOSES
      2.1) What is Spam?
      2.2) What is Excessive Multi-Posting (EMP)?
      2.3) What about cross-posting?
      2.4) Where did the term come from?
      2.5) Tell me about the Great Spammers.
      2.6) Who were Canter and Siegel?
      2.7) Where can I get more info on them?
      2.8) What should we do about the book?
      2.9) Who is Cancelmoose
      2.10) Who are the current spam cancellers?

 NITTY-GRITTY
      3.1) Yeah, but how many times is 'X'?
      3.2) What is the Breidbart Index (BI)?
      3.3) What is NoCeM?
      3.4) Is there a blacklist of net-abusers?
      3.5) How can I tell if a post is forged?
      3.6) How do I know when I've got spam on my hands?
      3.7) My group is full of crap. Why isn't it being cancelled?