Previous Next Index Thread

Re: "Deja News": massive copyright outlaws?

 J.D. Baldwin wrote:

 > In article <4php6f$7fn@news1.halcyon.com>, Mark Phaedrus
 > <phaedrus@coho.halcyon.com> wrote, quoting Lee S. Bumgarner
 > <bumgarls@falcon.jmu.edu>:
 (snip interesting argument)
 >  From the catapult of J.D. Baldwin  |+| "If anyone disagrees with anything I
 >    _,_    Finger baldwin@netcom.com |+| say, I am quite prepared not only to
 >  _|70|___:::)=}-  for PGP public    |+| retract it, but also to deny under
 >  \      /         key information.  |+| oath that I ever said it." --T. Lehrer
 I would think a better analogy would be a "letter to the editor."  You can
 write your missive on politics to the newspaper, and anyone can get a copy,
 almost forever.  You have no special claim.  Just think of a post, as a
 letter to the editor to every newspaper in the world.
 HMG