Previous Next Index Thread

Re: Hardness of Concrete/Asphalt - Real Effects?

 In article <31cb08b0.681000@nnrp.crl.com>, Don Kirkman <donk@a.crl.com> wrote:
 >This is one of those little things that nag until they get some
 >attention.  I have read and heard many bits of advice to run on asphalt
 >rather than concrete, since asphalt is softer.  Sceptic that I am, I
 >wonder about this.
 	if it's important, you ought to be able to feel a difference -
 	for example, the difference between running on tarmac (asphalt)
 	and earth is obvious, especially if you have a slight injury
 	(when it can hurt on one surface, but not on the other).
 	i've never noticed anything, and i'd be surprised if there is
 	a ntoiceable difference, but i haven't tried it...
 	andrew
 --
            work phone/fax: 0131 668 8356, office: 0131 668 8357
     institute for astronomy, royal observatory, blackford hill, edinburgh