Previous Next Index Thread

Re: What's in it? Re: Non-stick spray

 On Jun 28, 1996 23:19:02 in article <Re: What's in it? Re: Non-stick
 spray>, 'helle.paulsen@fou.telenor.no (Helle G. Paulsen)' wrote:

 >smf@nyc.pipeline.com(Sue M. Ford) wrote:
 >
 >>On Jun 26, 1996 19:05:03 in article <What's in it? Re: Non-stick spray>,
 >>'helle.paulsen@fou.telenor.no (Helle G. Paulsen)' wrote:
 >>
 >>>Always a sceptic,
 >>>Helle
 >>
 >>I'm usually clean.
 >>Sue (tm)
 >
 >I had to check if I misspelled "septic". I didn't, so I'm afraid I
 >have to say - you lost me, there, Sue.
 >Helle

 My first guess to the pronounciation of "sceptic" was a soft c as in
 "scene" which would have made your sentence "Always a-septic!", hence my
 quip.  From your reaction I assume that "sceptic" is another spelling of
 "skeptic" and that the c is hard, which is why it was only amusing to me :>

 --
 Sue (tm)
 Lead me not into temptation....  I can find it myself!