 >gjh2350@msu.oscs.montana.edu wrote:
 >
 >>In article <4r04bj$g4i@newshost.cyberramp.net>, an634699@anon.penet.f
 >i (Dr. Monty/Mr. Haul) writes:
 >>>In article
 >>><Pine.A32.3.91.960627225748.114248G-100000@green.weeg.uiowa.edu>,
 >>>robinson@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu says...

 >wit
 > ph
 >pyr

 >>>BTW ne1 know how old something has to be before it is public domain?
 >>>think it's 50 years but am not sure.
 >
 >I think this has been changed to 75 years.
 No...I think it's still 50...could somebody out there with a legal
 background answer this for us?
 />>the reason i mentioned the copyright possibly no longer being valid
 /i
 />s
 />>because our library (which is capable of registering copyrights)
 /told
 /> me
 />>that they are only good for 20 years before they become public
 /domain
 />.
 />This is definitely wrong
 20 years is the time limit of a *patent* <I.E. on medicin and such> It
 used to be 16 but they upped it 4 years to comply with some silly
 international treaty....
 Yes I'm sure of this.