Previous Next Index Thread

Re: anonymity & honesty

 I read the massage form " ... my little niece" and felt the same way
 you did. But I rather put up with it than censor the net. Look how
 many more clean messages there are. Out of about 6000 postings I
 only saw that one dirty piece of mail. Any way, I responded to him
 with: "about your niece: why don't you ask your mother and father.
 They may have a clue." Not very nice ey?
 Which brings me to your other question. Right after I posted the
 responce and saw my name next to it I felt pretty dumb. why
 broadcast my real name for wierdos. A nick name or even Email
 address is OK with me. So I went back I figured out how to remove
 the message (I think). I hope I did it in time.
 If you have a Netscape brouser there is a way to send messages
 anonymously. In the WINDOWS menu (top right on the tool bar for
 a Mac) there is an item called something like NEWS
 PREFERENCES. Select IDENTITY there and change your name
 and or user name to a nickname.
 Happy surfing. But be careful.