File 1--Credit Card Numbers put Online?? (fwd)

"You mean my credit-card number is on the Internet?" Mike Donahue
of the town of Lafayette State, Indiana, asks, rather surprised.

I thought he knew. After all, that's where I got his name, his
phone number, and his Visa number.

Up until two weeks ago all anyone had to do to get info on
Donahue's credit card-and the cards of at least 11 other
people-was go to the Internet search engine Excite and type in
"Holabird Sports," the name of a Baltimore sporting-goods store.
Up popped what looked to be on-line order forms-credit-card
numbers included.

Whoops! Somebody messed up. Big time.

[860 lines left ... full text available at <url:http://www.reference.com/cgi-bin/pn/go?choice=message&table=05_1997&mid=1905584&hilit=COPYRIGHT+COPYRIGHTED+LEGAL> ]

Subject: Re: Copyrights of Web sites - wind up???