Re: past life regression questions...

In article <5ll3k3$1q5$1@nadine.teleport.com> <znmeb@teleport.com> writes:
>From: <znmeb@teleport.com>
>Subject: Re: past life regression questions...
>Date: 17 May 1997 20:14:59 GMT

 ...[snip]...
>Actually, books that claim that alien abduction or past life regression
>represent reality rather than fiction remind *me* of the Dark Ages.

First, let's consider PLR. While I admit there is no discovered scientific
evidence to proove PLR, can you DISprove PLR? Until it can be irrefutably
proven OR disproven, taking a strong postion one way or the other may result
in someone eating crow. Those who make public claims of PLR being reality fall
into the same category in my mind as those who claim that it is fiction.

In regards to alien abductions, while I believe that many so-called abductions
represent false memories, I believe that SOMETHING is going on out there with
some of the people some of the time.

>...[snip]... I have zero tolerance of those who would defraud the public on
>such matters.

Have you read Chapter 13 of THE ART OF HYPNOTHERAPY which I posted previously
on this thread? Can't you see that being convinced that all PLR & abductions
are fiction is just as opinionated as being convinced that they are all true?

Until you can SCIENTIFICALLY PROVE that we are alone in the universe, I'll
have to consider the possibility of life elsewhere.

>I don't mind Bruce Goldberg or Budd Hopkins writing the kinds of books
>they write, as long as

>a) They *clearly* state that these books are works of fiction -- that
>alien abductions are *not really happening* and that people are *not

How can any therapist state that alien abductions are not really happening?
Wouldn't that approach be risky to the client who believed that something had
happened? While I may personally question whether many of these sessions are
handled in a NON-leading manner, I'm not so quick to condemn those who wish to
explore alternative explanations which might not fit old paradigms.

Again, lack of finding scientific proof of a theory does NOT constitute proof
that the theory is false... Otherwise most of our scientific advancements
might never have taken place.

Roy Hunter, Certified Hypnotherapy Instructor
Author: THE ART OF HYPNOTHERAPY
Author: THE ART OF HYPNOSIS: MASTERING BASIC TECHNIQUES
(Kendall/Hunt Publishing; to order, call 1-800-228-0810)

[2 lines left ... full text available at <url:http://www.reference.com/cgi-bin/pn/go?choice=message&table=05_1997&mid=3237434&hilit=HYPNOSIS> ]

Subject: Re: past life regression questions...