Re: Panpoesis (fwd)Re: Panpoesis (fwd)

>Robert J. Tiess writes, responding to my Merrill quote with the
(intentionally) brief mention of Saussure:

Good point with Saussure, but of equal worth to mention in re lang. & symbol:
Pierce, Jung, Levi-Strauss, Campbell, Kristeva, and Chomsky.

Also, in reference to the very enticing "all languages poetic" idea, might we
go two steps further and declare a state of Panpoesis or Omnipoesis--to say,
There is poetry in every -one, -thing, -where?

To which I reply:  well I suppose we could if we want to be really pedantic
and tedious about a very simple point.

Steve Turtell

[end of message ... text also available at <url:http://www.reference.com/cgi-bin/pn/go?choice=message&table=04_1997&mid=3141416&hilit=CHOMSKY> ]

Subject: Re: Spine